5 simple steps to help you sell your car fast online!
Selling a used vehicle isn’t always easy for everyone. The good news is, selling your car online can be an easy way to locate potential buyers. Selling your used car online should be a pleasant experience for you. Here are some tips that can prepare you to sell your used car online for a smooth transaction in Ontario.
1. Get your paperwork ready
When you sell your vehicle, you need to give the buyer:
- the Used Vehicle Information Package
- the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- a valid car title
- a signed bill of sale with your name, the buyer’s name and address, the date and purchase price
- a completed and signed Application for Transfer
If you want to get the best price possible when you sell, you should prepare additional paperwork such as:
- Your service records. Provide potential buyers with as much service history as possible to show how well the car’s been cared for.
- A vehicle history report (VHR) to be transparent about the vehicle’s history that includes registration history, accident history, unfixed safety recalls, lien status, and more.
All of these files give car buyers peace of mind that they are buying a good car and also show that you have nothing to hide. In turn, potential buyers are more likely to pay a better price for it.
2. Do your homework before listing your used vehicle
It’s important to do some homework before you list your car for sale.
What’s the condition of my car? How much is it worth? How much can I sell it for? Simply start with these questions and do your own research before posting your car online for sale. Determining your car’s value is a critical first step if you are selling your vehicle on your own. Setting a fair price for your used vehicle is important to a smooth transaction. Set the price too high you may result in no potential buyers, while you could undervalue and you won’t get as much as you’d like put towards your next vehicle.
3. Making a good first impression is important
It’s important to make sure your car is presentable when you show it to its potential buyers. If there are any minor repairs or maintenance that are required, you should probably take care of them before putting your car on the market. Also, having a good cleaning inside and out before taking pictures, or paying a detailer to give it the once-over may add hundreds of dollars to your selling price.
4. Create a listing online
Here are what should include in your ad listing:
- Good quality photographs
- A listing price
- A note that describes the car’s condition
- The make and model of your car
- The year and mileage
- Contact information
Your ad posting should be simple and to the point, and you may include a bit of extra information that buyers want to know.
5. Protect yourself from online predators
Make sure to protect your personal information and not show the license plate in your listing photos. You can black out your license plate while you taking photos.
When it comes to meeting the buyer or doing a test drive, consider meeting in a busy public area rather than in your personal address.
Once the deal is closed, ask for a certified bank check or cash instead of a personal check.
Selling your used car online has never been easier.
Learn more about the benefits of buying from Carnex. We believe that all clients deserve to know the good and bad of what they’re buying. Because we wanted to know these when we bought cars. That’s why at Carnex.ca, we will proudly display every detail every step of the way. Browse all the best cars, automobile buying tips, auto insurance, young drivers, driving techniques, auto industry trends from Carnex Blog.